Amsterdam Travel Blog

Hello all.  First of all, thanks for everyone who has been hosting me, writing me funny emails and comments, and generally being encouraging while I travel.  I do miss you all a lot.  It's been pretty great so far, and I hope it continues all the way through August.

So I got to Amsterdam this morning, after I almost missed my flight from London, because, being a tired moron at 6am, I accidentally asked where British Airways was and not British Midlands (BMI).  So, I ended up in the wrong terminal, and after a minor crisis, hopped the Heathrow Express to the correct terminal, where I was already really late, and had about a 2 hour panic attack that my luggage (i.e., everything I need for the next 3 weeks) would not reach Amsterdam with me.  But everything in fact was A-ok.

Amsterdam is a really cool city.  The hostel I'm staying at is just a couple blocks away from the Van Gogh Museum, and there are a ton of restaurants and shops of all kinds.  It seems pretty great.  I think tonight I'm going to take it easy, maybe do a little more walking and then hit the local restaurants for dinner.  Tomorrow, on to the Van Gogh Museum, probably Anne Frank's house, and other such cool sites.  Catch you up about all of it soon.  Ciao!

photo by: pearcetoyou