A scramble for pennies

Mrhimina Travel Blog

So much commotion!
Next morning I was awakened by the sound of hushed voices and soft paces around the tent. The kids had obviously returned as soon as their mothers had let them out of the house.
We followed the children back to the village after packing away our belongings. There were no more than ten houses although they all looked quite large. Then two women with a herd of goats came out from behind a house and walked toward us and into the desert, there was nothing there but dead dry bushes, I have no idea what those goats eat.
The village had no stores, it was so simple but these children have never known anything different. One boy brought out a little dog on a leash and we walked back to the car with it. They were all making fun of it and scolding it, when I tried to pet it all the children thought it was weird.
Sand
This dog was not a pet, it was a dog to have grow up and help look after the goats.
We had to leave the town early so we said goodbye. Some of the children asked for things, notebooks pens... etc. I had a pen in my bag so I went to get it and as I opened it an American coin fell out.
When the children saw this they all grabbed my bag looking for more coins. I didn't mind giving them the few quarters they took, but it made my father angry that they were taking my things and not letting us leave. We ended up shutting all the windows and doors and start driving very slowly while the crows of kids was still banging on our windows and leaning on the hood of the car yelling for money and items.
Achieved destination!