Foum Zguid Travel Blog

Almost at the Sahara
This was the last indicated town before reaching the Sahara. We stopped at a bar to get more water and we got some sodas and enjoyed them outside under the shade. We had sat just a few feet away from a boy who was selling apples and apricots. he kept telling us to buy some fruit from him. After I had finished my soda I bought two apples and two apricots. Going back to my seat I ate the small apple, it was the size of a crab apple but it tasted like a normal apple you find in the supermarket (maybe a little green though). Next I split open the apricot and I found a little surprise... four little worms were eating my fruit!
It's so nice to find out that all the fruit has worms after I had eaten the apple.
Next we walked away from the pricipal road and found a large field were many people were playing soccer.
Bunnies in the living room
One team was short a player so they invited my dad to play with them. However, they kicked him off the team because he was really bad at it.
When we were about to head back to the car, one of the boys who was playing soccer told us to go into his house. His house was very big. There were onions all over the entrance, and when we reached the eating room there were watermelon slices that had yet to be cleaned up. He made us some mint tea and showed pictures of his family. You could tell that these people were richer than the other two families we stayed with, he showed us some professional shots of his mother and sisters.
When we told him we had to go, he first showed us the rest of his house before he would let us leave. In the big central area without roof there were rabbits. On the roof he had goats.
When we went back downstairs his father gave us a healing powder that is supposed to heal broken bones by applying it onto your skin for four days. I don't think it works.
goats on the roof