Celebrities

Nha Trang Travel Blog

Just call him balloon man!

Brian and I have made some good friends on this ship and together we have all become celebrities! There are 8 of us, another couple from Washington DC and a couple from Scotland and couple from Australia (Coff's Harbor, no less). We are the party people on the boat and we have singlehandedly kept some of these activities going! :)

After leaving Nha Trang and having dinner we met our friends in Club Fusion, the big nightclub on board. Every night Deep Blue plays and from the first night when Brian and I were practically the only people in there, to now, the crowd has steadily grown. The band refers to us as "their people" because we are the most consistent and we always dance and cheer for them! Our friends are crazy, and we have to constantly try to keep up with them.

Oh oh, this pizza is going to suck
Their celebrity began when they played the ship-version of the Newlywed Game, and they have continued to participate in lots of ship games.

Kyle...at this time you have to stop reading...go ahead and jump to the next blog! :)

On that night, after Deep Blue played, they had Scary-o-kee, which is karoakee for people who cannot sing. Brian had been teasing me all day that I should sing something, and by the time it started we both had had enough drinks that we thought a duet was a good idea. I chose the song, which means that our debut was "Ebony and Ivory" and the crowd went wild! It was truly atrocious...neither of us can carry a tune...and instead of being totally embarrassed, Brian was addicted! He insisted we sing two other songs, even though I told him we were going to be one of "those" couples.

The Sapphire Princess celebrities
...and despite great songs by some of the other people, Brian and I won the prize for the Worst Singers on Princess...which says a lot since there are over 2000 people on this ship!

The band came back out and congratulated us, but despite my offer to sing back-up, they politely turned us down! :)

With our scary-o-kee success and our friends' willingness to participate in any game, we found ourselves signed up for Peer Factor the next night. We were divided into two teams and we had to compete in games that involved some of the jobs aboard the ship. My task was to make pizza dough..and with our "coach" Tom's encouragement, I tried to throw the dough as high as I could. It was going well until I forgot to keep my fingers tucked in and I found my entire arm thrust through my dough....once you have a hole in the dough, it is finished and at that point all I could was laugh. Brian had to wear a large sumo suit that we had to try to fill with as many balloons as possible....and in the final challenge both teams had to do an Irish step-dance with the ship's dance troupe...it was so much fun!

Since that time, Brian and I have been getting recognized everywhere...so far we have been lucky and the singing has not made the video, of course they probably don't want to scare anyone!

As you can tell we are really enjoying our "at sea" days!

Nha Trang