We are on our way to SO CAL :)

San Diego Travel Blog

After getting some curly fries at Jack in the Box for me ( we don't have those in New York!!!) we started to hit the I - 5 south for San Diego. I really couldn't believe we actually were on our way...I mean we had planned this trip for some weeks now but I still was amazed when I arrived in San Francisco and knew that our road trip was really going to happen. The drive wasn't that spectacular, except that I tortured Ray with some Techno and German music and he pretended to like it ;) He wouldn't even let me drive for more than an hour or so, so most of the 8 hours I talked or tried to sing and read my tourguide back and forth. Actually I wanted to get some persian groceries in LA but after remembering traffic in LA I thought I could live without those yummy little cream filled cakes ( you know what I mean, Jasmine, right? :).

Around 8 pm we arrived in San Diego and - usually the superorganizer - I had forgotten to bring along the hostle's address this time...After several phone calls and driving around the blocks we found it eventually in the heart of the historic Gaslamp Quarter : USA Hostels San Diego! Ray even managed to carry my gigantic, 200 pound heavy bag up the stairs by himself. I really don't know why it is that heavy, I just had half of my closet and shoes in it!

I would definitely recommend the hostel to anyone who needs a cheap place to stay in San Diego! It is in the heart of downtown, surrounded by tons of bar, clubs and restaurants (which those who live in a hostel won't be able to afford anyway) and it has a very friendly and laid back atmosphere.

Well, that's it for this day, looking forward for a beach and sunshine day tomorrow in beautiful So Cal :)

Quote of the day : We talk about bisexuality...

Ray -> "If he has sex with guys I call him gay!"

Sam -> "What if I had sex with women?"

Ray -> " Then I'd call you sexy."