Travelling across the Atlantic to London

London Travel Blog

Unland and I getting ready to go

Brice and I made it to London today.  The eight hour plane ride was actually quite smooth (with the exception of the landing....close to perfect!).  I was a little curious as to what Thomas Cook airlines would be like.  I've never been in such tiny, closely compacted seats.  I don't know what someone with long legs would have done.  Hooray for being short!  The food was pretty good.  I tried to get some sleep but it didn't happen.

Brice and I actually saw quite a few things today.  It helps that I've been to London a few times before.  We started off with a train ride to Victoria station (pretty central) where it took a little bit to figure out what type of Underground pass we needed.

Brice and some neck rest at the airport
  Figured that out and headed to our hostel (St. Christopher's Hammersmith) which, is pretty nice.  It's fairly central and is actually a pub downstairs and a hostel upstairs.  Should be fun.  The people in our hostel room seem fairly nice.  They are newly arrived from Australia and are just as tired as us.

We were hoping to try and stay awake at least until 7pm to try and adjust to the time difference.  We saw the National Gallery where a bunch of stuff is blocked off because of the Tour de France.  We saw Big Ben, the parliament buildings, Westminister Abbey, Picadilly Circus, Buckingham Palace, Hyde park, and Leicester square where all the playhouses of London are.  By the time 2 pm rolled around, we were both dragging our butts and soooooo tired.

On the train to London city center
  It had been 24 hours of staying awake.  Slowly, the plan to go to sleep at 7pm became 6pm then 5pm then, after some people watching and drinking coffee, we gave up and headed back to the hostel and took a nap for a few hours.  It might take a little more time to adjust to the time change.  No problemo though...we are in London for a few days.  Brice managed to wake me up with a "Sandra, WAKE UP!" a few times.  I opened my eyes and just said "NO." Rolled over and closed my eyes again.  Mom would know what he's dealing with trying to wake me up...haha. :)  So I finally got up from my nap and I am off through London town again.

Brice is amazed at how many people there are here.  The Underground was packed this morning with morning rush hour....wall to wall people everywhere.  It's nice to have been here before because I know what to expect which, when you're super tired, is a good thing.  I'll save the adventurous parts of this trip for when I've gotten some sleep.

I hope all is well at home.  Miss everyone lots....xoxo :) San

Unland and I getting ready to go
Brice and some neck rest at the ai…
Brice and some neck rest at the a…
Got a ticket for London