AfricaEgyptCairo

Today in Cairo...the PYRAMIDS!

Cairo Travel Blog

The pyramids from my plane

Saw the pyramids today....so cool.  WOW!  They are so AMAZING!  Huge and incredible.

Our guide to get there was fantastic.  She spoke a lot about the Egyptian culture, etc.  When we got to the pyramids, a few of us climbed into the pyramid.  It was the most tiny little passage way...I couldn't stand up.  First it goes down and then up.  There is just a small room where the sarcophagus is at the bottom of the pyramid.  Not much to see but neat to do it.

Next we saw the sphinx and last went to see a demo. on how to make papyrus paper.  It was fantastic.

The thing that is not so fantastic is the men.  It is even worse than morocco.  It is as though the men have never seen a women before or something.  They stare non-stop and make disgusting comments...especially if you aren't in a group.  Not going ANYWHERE alone here....gah.  Even the men who are supposed to be security guards and the police will make comments.  And all the police here carry automatic weapons here.  Takes some getting used to.

Tonight we are off on the train to the far south.

bevh4 says:
You are walking like an Egyptian--- Someone should write a song or something about that!
Posted on: Sep 11, 2007