AsiaIndiaAgra

Agra Travel Blog

The Moghul city and me

Woke up really early today to see the sun rise over the Taj.  It was absolutely beautiful.  It is just as lovely as people say.  The only thing that ruins it is the non-stop photographers trying to sell you stuff (can never escape from people trying to sell stuff) and the pollution which is slowly turning the Taj yellow.  Very stunning though!

The rest of the day, we tried going to a market but it was insane so Allison, Simon, and I headed to the garden retreat of the Hilton hotel here in Agra where we enjoyed some quiet and had some coffee.  It has been just great travelling with those two! :)

Last night, we went to Pizza hut.  It was all indian flavors of pizza though and every half hour, the waiters do a bollywood dance.  It was great! Very enjoyable.

We are about to catch an evening train to Delhi where tomorrow Allison and I are going to do some more shopping and then the next day I am off to Australia.  Can't wait to go shopping and not be hassled.  I think hassle-free shopping in India does not exist.  Everywhere you go, you hear "Yes!? Yes m'am?" and I say "NO."  It's actually kind of funny.  I couldn't get some sellers to leave me alone today so I just plugged my ears and went "lalalala".  Works like a charm! :)  They should write that in the guide book.

bevh4 says:
That's our Sandylala lala lala!
Posted on: Oct 08, 2007