The Red Sea

Hurghada Travel Blog

It's official...I'm in a paradise-like place (minus the Egyptians that hastle us non-stop).

The Red Sea is gorgeous.  We took a convoy this morning for a four hour drive to Hurghada which, is perched on the red sea.  We passed through some pretty amazing desert mountains until we came upon the sea which is a beautiful shade of blue.  There are some really nice resorts here and lots of Germans (lots of topless sunbathers too....mostly German).  It seems a lot more well off than the other parts of Egypt that we have visited.  We might even go out to the local dance club tonight.

I spent all day relaxing by the ocean with Hailey and Jess, with the occasional jump into the Red Sea.  I was a little nervous though because there are sea urchins and some weird looking snail type things in the water but it was nice all the same.  They have a great swimming pool here too so I spent some time there as well.  Internet is slightly more expensive than the other places in Egypt so I won't write another blog until I get back to Cairo or even to India.

Tomorrow, Jess and Hailey and I are going on a boat to go snorkelling all day and to some of the little sandbars and islands in the Red Sea.  It's just so nice to have a couple of "down days" to relax.

Jen1107 says:
I love your blog! I was just wondering what tour companies you used for Turkey and Egypt? They both sound amazing and I'm definitely considering going to one of those countries soon! Thanks :)
Posted on: Sep 18, 2007