Railay and rock climbing

Railay Travel Blog

Last night's Muay Thai was really interesting.  Yikes though...they are vicious!  There were teens that fought first and then the adults but they looked almost the same size.  It was great but My-Van and I were so exhausted....we only made it to the 8th match and then headed off to bed.  That was the match everyone was waiting for so I don't think we missed too much.

Today, we woke up bright and early to go rock climbing.  First, a vehicle picked us up and we took a boat over to Railay bay.  Didn't really know what to expect but WOW!  It was exhilarating.  I wasn't sure how I'd do but I was actually (not trying to be cocky or anything) really good at it.  I did about 5 climbs progressively getting longer and longer.  I tried not to look down too much when I got to the top of the last (tallest) climb.  It felt awesome though!  There are so many things I want to keep doing when I get home from this trip...rock climbing is one of 'em.  I'm sure my arms are going to be a little sore tomorrow.  Will try and post some pics of it ASAP.

Tonight, My-Van and I are going to head into town to have a few drinks but not too many as we are off on a snorkel trip all day around Ko Phi Phi Don and Ley and Maya Bay (where the beach was filmed....I wonder if it will be as nice as I remember) and a few other islands.  I got SO sea-sick last time....this time I am all stocked up on dramamine....I think.  The thai pharmacist said it is non-drowsy sea seacksickness stuff...haha.  We shall see.

Off to the races....