Paris...pretty amazing

Paris Travel Blog

Sacre Coeur cathedral

My last few days in Paris were pretty amazing.  It was a much different, much better experience this time around.

First off, my friend Antoine (from France), whom I met in Amsterdam through mutual aquaintances, had a few days off and came up Paris to show me the sights.

There was so much to see!  The Louvre, The Eiffel tower, The Sacre Coeur, The Champs-Elysses, the Mussée d'Orsay (where I got to see some more fantastic Monet paintings and even a few Renoirs), the modern art museum, the centre Pomidou, the Arc de Triomphe, the jardin Tuillieres, the Moulin Rouge, the grand Palace, the Seine river, and so many more parks and beautiful roads, architecture, and parks.

Along the way, we had lots of great food.

Sunset on the Seine with Eiffel in the background
  The French sure know how to cook.  And the wine...wow.  It was pretty spectacular.  All of the bakeries and patisseries have the most perfect (and delicious) pasteries and desserts ever.  With my sweet tooth, I think it would be a little dangerous if I lived here... :)

The weather has only been around 15-20 degrees but it is such a nice break considering how hot the rest of Europe has been so far.

The second day of Paris, my friend Chantal and her fiancé met up with Antoine and I in a cute little cafe by the Notre Dame.  It was great to catch up.  Two hours went by in a flash over some delicious hot chocolate.

Tonight, I am off to Rome to meet up with my family and I cant wait.  I cant believe Ive been travelling for a month and a half already.  Time goes by so fast.

Sacre Coeur cathedral
Sunset on the Seine with Eiffel in…
Sunset on the Seine with Eiffel i…
Antoine and I