Making waves

Koh Phi Phi Travel Blog

I meant to write this blog yesterday but was so exhausted that I was asleep at 6 pm and out for the

The night before last, My-Van and I headed up ao-nang beach to check out the nightlife.  We ended up meeting a couple of crazy Canadian girls from our hotel.  Wow.  I have never seen so much energy.  They were nuts.  It's not surprising that one is a personal fitness trainer back home....haha.  We had a ton of fun dancing on the beach at Luna bar and ordering sandpails with drinks in them.  So much fun.  Called it a night around 2 am since the next day we were leaving at 8 am for a snorkelling trip around the Ko Phi Phi islands.

8 am came pretty fast.  Sleepy me got up and we had a fantastic day!  We were on speed boats and checked out so many islands...Bamboo island, Koh Phi Phi don and ley, Chicken island, and others.  We made it to Maya bay (where the beach was filmed).  It was a little disappointing though.  Last time I went, there were no boats there because of low tide so it was so peaceful.  What a difference 1.5 years makes!  This time there were ppl and boats everywhere....kind of ruins the atmosphere.  The scenery was so gorgeous though and the snorkelling was good, but not quite the same as the great barrier reef.

We headed back in torrential rain and were so soaked by the time we got back.  The waves were huge....and the boat didn't feel too stable on the way back but we made stop for me was SLEEP!

Today, My-Van and I are off to Koh Samui....not quite as peaceful as the west islands but should be fun!  We're planning on thai massages on the beach!

So, in only 4 days, My-Van and I have had some awesome adventures:

Purchased phad thai from street vendors in Bangkok for less than $1.
Eaten Thai food for breakfast.
Took an overnight train from Bangkok to Krabi, which included a tuk-tuk ride to the bus stop by a one toothed old man who spoke no English.
Took a Thai cooking class, which ended with a feast that required us to be rolled back to our hotel for a nice long nap due to food coma.
Rock climbing (outdoor)
Saw muay thai boxing match
Running back to our hotel in the pouring tropical "Tsunami-esque" rain
Partied on the beach at the Luna Bar....
The adventures continue!