Krabi and Ao Nang

Ao Nang Travel Blog

My-Van and I ended up taking a night to travel by train to Trang in the North of Thailand.  The night train was actually pretty good!  I even got some sleep on it....a rare thing.  I think I am becoming a better traveller.  I can fall asleep almost anywhere...airport floors, rocky trains, hotels with people shouting outside.  Wow!

From Trang, My-Van and I caught a bus back up to Krabi and found a nice travel agent who found us a hotel and we booked a cooking course right away for that afternoon and some rock climbing on Railay beach for the next day.

Our hotel was really cute....5 mins. from the spectacular beach.  Next, off to Ya's cooking course.  It was AWESOME!  My hands still smell like onion.  We cooked such a feast and there were only 3 of us....My-Van and I and Sheila, from Alberta, Canada.  Ya was such a nice lady and had great expressions like "chook-chook".  5 chook-chooks = 1 tablespoon.  A chook-chook is a squirt of  sauce such as oyster sauce.  There was also "bang-bang" which meant to wack the garlic before chopping it.  "Chop-chop" meant to chop the veggies.  It was great.  I told her it was "greatgreat" when I left.

Tonight, My-Van and I are off to a Muay Thai fight....should be exciting.  I am busy looking into diving excursions.  I think because we are limited on time, we might only get to Koh Phi-Phi for a day trip.  I loved Koh Phi Phi but it is so expensive now in peak season.

Off to watch the fight-fight. :)

bettyh1 says:
Good good and can't wait to see you! Sending my love love!
Posted on: Dec 07, 2007