Flamenco Madrid

Madrid Travel Blog

Munich was such a great city!  As mentioned before, I had plans to meet up with some Canadian girls that I met earlier in the day on the Munich tour.  We had such a blast.  A couple of other American girls from L.A. joined up with us and we had a ton of fun going from place to place.  I think we went all over the city!  On our way home, we saw a Canadian street performer with a Canadian flag on his guitar.  He was nice and spoke a bunch about his family in AB.  He played us a bunch of Neil Young and CCR songs and everyone was singing along.  Good times.

I said goodbye to my new friends and headed up the stairs out of the main train station and to my hostel.  By this time (after such a hot day) a crazy electrical and rain storm was starting up.  I litteraly ran down the street towards my hostel.  IT was downporing SO MUCH!  By the time I got to my hostel (and it only took about 2 minutes) I was drenched from head to toe and laughing with the other people who were doing the same.  It was great!

Early this a.m. I caught a plane to Madrid.  Madrid is a cool city.  It is very easy to get around with the Metro.  In my hostel room is a couple of really nice Calgarian teachers.  I ended up visiting with them for awhile.  Although my original plan was just to get some sleep, I couldnĀ“t!  We all went to a Flamenco dancing show (so awesome!) and then out for some supper (sangria and tapas).  It is so funny here.  In Amsterdam, all the supper place closed down by 9 pm.  Here, they all just start opening up around that time.

Tomorrow, I am off to Morocco!  Looking forward to coming back to Madrid again!

Madrid