Finally in Corfu...at the Pink Palace!

Corfu Travel Blog

Maria and I over breakfast

It has been a LONGGGGGG couple of days!

First off, my friend My-Van and I had a great time checking out the sunset and eating pizza in Sorrento.... good times!  Hopefully I will meet up with her again in Thailand.  Plus, I found a pair of comfy sandals to bye...no more sore feet.

I woke up the next day bright and early at 5:45 am and caught a train to Pompei....then I caught a local bus to Salerno.  But my bus broke down halfway through so we had to wait for another bus.  I met about 9 or 10 local girls that were headed swimming and were thrilled to try and speak english to me.  It was funny and fun at the same time.  They were great.  Then another Italian guy helped to direct me to the train station.  Noone spoke English...at all!

Then, I made it to the train station just in time to find out that the train was delayed by an hour.

Kayaking with Shawn and Nick
  So I went on a train for two hours to Potenza and missed my next train to Foggia.  Almost made it...it was depressing....I watched the train as it just pulled away. Wah!  I was not a happy camper.  So I got on a train to Foggia and then finally to Bari (the port).  By this time, I definately missed my ferry and things were not looking so good.  It was around 7 pm and my ferry had left at 6:30pm.

I asked a couple who looked english and they told me that they were hurrying to the local bus to the port (and the other ferry that left for greece).  Woo hoo!  Things started looking up.  There was no ferry to Patras...but there was one to another port.  So on I got and off I went into the sea.

The party boat

On the ferry, I met a fellow Canadian, Shaun.  So I even had some company.  He said that he was getting off at the first stop which, was Corfu..an island just off of Greece and going to this fabulous backpacker's haven called the pink palace.  He said I should come along too and that it was going to be great.....so I thought and thought.  At the last second, I decided YES, I was going to Corfu instead of Athens.  So off I got.

Along the way, we met an Australian, and a couple of fun Americans who were also going to the pink palace.  SO, I am finally here and it is GREAT!  THere is a beach, everything is pink, I had my first shot of oozo (it was pink), there are parties, cruises, tons of activities to do, and it is cheap!  I am so excited!!  First though...A NAP!  I spent last night on the floor of a ferry in my sleeping back.

So adventures await...more info on the pink palace later! :)  I guess I just wasnt meant to go to Athens today! :)

CalgaryJay says:
Oh crap, I just realized that you were there in Aug rather than now, well I hope everything was great!
Posted on: Oct 28, 2007
CalgaryJay says:
The Pink Palace was an absolute blast when I was there int he Spring, have they finished the renovations on the top part of the dining room/club?

Have fun and try not to get addicted to it there, we were only going to stay for 3 days and we eneded up staying 7!

Oh and watch out for the guys working there, they sleep with a new girl everynight! haha
Posted on: Oct 28, 2007