Disastrous Dublin

Dublin Travel Blog

It has been a loooooooonnnnggg day....boo.

Brice went out partying until 4 am the night before so he had a slightly worse day than me.  I called it quits around 1 am.  Our last hostel in London was a lot of fun.  I won't miss how expensive London is....Looking forward to getting out of the bustle of the crazy city.

I am still not completely used to the time change so I was up and at em at 6 am.  Our flight was scheduled to leave at 9:35 am.  We missed our flight.  It was ridiculous.  Everything that could go wrong did.  From delays on the underground to incredibly long line-ups, we missed our flight so we had to pay a ridiculous amount to reshedule....boo!  We ended up waiting in the airport all day long to catch a late flight to Dublin.  Since we didn't want to take any more British currency out (every other country we're going to uses Euros), we didn't eat all day.  These are the times I wish I was backpacking through S. America or SE Asia instead....ah well.  Ups and downs....thats Europe for ya.

So we finally made it to Dublin and it is quite nice.  The hostel messed up the reservation but we had some great Irish stew (totally amazing) which was really nice after coming in from trekking through the rain.  I am going to sleep so good tonight!  Ireland is beautiful so far....I hope I have more luck with it that travelling to it!

Dublin