AfricaEgyptCairo

Cairo

Cairo Travel Blog

Woke up super early today to head to the airport to catch my flight to Cairo...was a little nervous since I was on Turkish airlines.  Only a few weeks ago, one of their planes was highjacked and it was headed to or from Cairo...I can't remember.  All ended well.  Shortly after getting on the plane, the police came on board and took someone off and then we all had to grab our carry on luggage to make sure that none of his luggage was left.  It was a little freaky.

The plane was nice and smooth and as we were flying into Cairo I had a perfect birds-eye view of the pyramids and the HUGE desert...WOW!  It was amazing!  I cant wait to see them tomorrow!

I spent most of the rest of the day relaxing and reading and met my tour group later on.  The tour guide seems a little aloof but most of the people are fairly young and nice and there are lots of people doing the same type of RTW trip...woo hoo.  Lots of stories to share and compare.  I am trying to get onto the other tour being offered...I don't know why my guide didn't put me on it?  It goes to the red sea and gets back a day earlier than my flight.  Right now, I get to Cairo 4 days before my flight takes off.  I really hope I can switch over.  If not, oh well, I guess I will see EVERYTHING in Cairo. :)

Cairo is huge.  Our hotel is fairly nice.  There are quite a few young blond females like myself on my tour and we get a lot of unwanted attention...similar to Morocco.  I am so excited to see all the sights.  Looking forward to tomorrow!

jmatyczuk says:
just wondering what hotel and what travel company you dealt with?
Posted on: Oct 10, 2008