Bordeaux. Beauty and wine.

Bordeaux Travel Blog

Bordeaux

The train ride to Bordeaux was a long one.  The Spanish trains are not really that smooth to say the least.  I really should have taken a gravel.  I think I got about two seconds of sleep.  Oh well.  It is an experience to remember.  I was very happy to arrive in Hendaye, France, where I switched over to the TGV.  France has some great, very smooth trains.  I did get some sleep on that one.

Unfortunately, I had about a 3 hour wait in Hendaye for the train.  I am getting very patient though.  Three hours goes by pretty quick.  There was a funny older man and his dog waiting at the same time.  I have never heard a dog snore so loud.

A cathedral in Bordeaux
  The walls were actually vibrating a bit.

It is nice to be in France and have a better understanding of what is going on (the language is much more familiar to me than Spanish).  Although, I am not fluent by any means so I feel really shy about trying to say things.  Oh well.  Hopefully, I will improve.

Carlos sisters place is very nice.  It is very close to the center of the city.  Carlos is going to head to Paris tomorrow but I am going to stay here in Bordeaux for one more day so I can go on a wine tasting trip tomorrow.  I was really hoping to be able to make it to a vineyard but the trips are all sold out.  No problemo.  It is just nice to be here.

Bordeaux has some very beautiful architecture.  The food and wine is amazing.  I am still looking forward to having some crepes though.  I remember how good they were last time I was in France.  The architecture is really quite beautiful here and there are tons of stores in the city center that I plan on checking out tomorrow.  Should be fun!

Some of the beautiful architecture