AsiaIndiaMumbai

Bombay...India!

Mumbai Travel Blog

I made it to India....So tired though!!  My flight left around 3:30 am (about an hour late).  Egypt air was pretty nice.  Besides the regular safety video, there was a prayer video to Allah.  The Muslim faith is everywhere in Egypt!

Mumbai (Bombay) looks very tropical!  It is still the end of monsoon season so it has rained almost non-stop all day.  I am definately going to have to get an umbrella.  My hotel is great!  Very clean and very friendly.  The Indian people seem very friendly and hospitable so far.  I got a city map and will definately go exploring tomorrow (after I buy an umbrella).

So many of the women here wear beautiful, bright colored sarees.  I want one!  I was hoping to catch a Bollywood movie here but I think we are going to do that in Jaipur instead.  There are only four people on the tour altogether (including the guide).  I am so glad the tour wasn't cancelled though.  I really want to see India!

I spent most of the rest of the day napping.  I got no sleep on the plane.  Tonight, I met the tour guide.  Went out for supper and it was awesome of course.  I heart Indian food!  Yum!

Looking forward to exploring more.  It sounds like internet might be hard to access here so the blog might not stay so up to date.

adriennehudson says:
I just returned from India. I visited Mumbai, Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. It was a wonderful and eye-opening experience. As you mentioned, the people there are very hospitable.
Posted on: Jul 16, 2008
rubaroo says:
Hey ! Welcome to India!
You are in my birthplace that is Bombay!.... I love the undying spirit of Mumbai ( Bombay)!!!!! thought i dont like the place as its very crowded !!!!

And yes you are right .. People are very nice ...like me !!! :)
Posted on: Oct 30, 2007