Back to Istanbul

Istanbul Travel Blog

Im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.  To Istanbul that is.  What a great trip!  Turkey truly is an awesome place to visit!

Yesterday, we arrived to our hotel to find that it was fully booked so they had to move us to a different hotel.  We were told we were being NOPE!

It was probably the, special hotel I have ever stayed in.  There was mold on the bathroom sounded like there were cockroaches moving around in the vent.  The pool was the brightest hue of green (from algae) and there was floating garbage in it.  Im seriously laughing just thinking about it right now.  That's all we could do was laugh. Our view was terrible.  It was seriously crap.  I was laughing so hard though.

Sarah and I went to get changed for dinner and all of the sudden looked out our window and noticed a guy staring at us.  He waved and blew a kiss.  Yuck!  We whipped the curtains shut and were laughing once again.

Today, I was booked to stay one more night there but we all complained so our guide Burak called that company and made them find us a nicer place to stay.  We are in a waaaay nicer place called the Sunshine hotel.

Today was pretty relaxed.  Sarah left early at 3 am to catch her plane.  Said goodbye and wished her a safe journey home to Canada.  Such a great roomie!  Will definately miss her.  Said goodbye to most of my group as well.  Andrea is staying here one more day so she's going to crash in my room.  Nice to have some company.

I spent most of the day wandering around Taksim (a really nice part of the city) with Burak et. al., finding some good Turkish music, and watching world cup rugby with Karen and Andrea.  Good times.  Tomorrow I am off to Egypt!

rubaroo says:
FInished your Turkey story! Very Intersting... The more i read the more Im getting interested in you :) ( Kidding) apart from Turkey for which im leaving next week ...
Well on a serious note I like your Jest for life ! :) Keep it up
Posted on: Oct 30, 2007
bevh4 says:
good that the company got u out of there in just one night.
Posted on: Sep 08, 2007