March 5

Riga Travel Blog

The same guy next door was always staked out in front of the window. We think he's KGB

I took everyone to the ice slides by the Freedom Monument. They were longer than the one from yesterday. It was really fun. On my last run I started on my butt but ended up on my stomach. I decided to keep turning around and invented the corkscrew.

Walking through the park, there were dozens of padlocks attached to a small bridge spanning a creek. Each was engraved with a wedding couple's name. What a cool custom.

Matthias and Raul wanted to see that cathedral, and I didn't mind seeing it again. But since it was sunday, the ceremony was even more elaborate. They had a head priest dressed in a long blue-white robe which people behind him held above the ground. There were priests dressed in all black, as well as priests dressed in gold embroidery. It was also being filmed. Then they all went behind the gold partition, and a purple curtain ensured the opacity if the door (how Snoop Dogg). You then heard their prayers in the speakers. It was interesting that the priests were not visible to the audience.

I went on a walk with Carl to the Art Nouveau district again. We then crossed the modern bridge over the river, and walked to the bridge which leads to the hostel.

The same guy next door was always …
The same guy next door was always…
A park