Day 4: Tesano Baptist Church & Travel to Cape Coast

Accra Travel Blog

This morning we woke up early and had breakfast. Then, we walked down the road to the Tesano Baptist Church. We could here the music as we were walking. When we walked in we saw people dancing and praising the Lord. It was amazing. I was pleasantly overwhelmed. They sang several songs and people were clapping and dancing. There were even people dancing in the aisles! Whenever they were lead by the spirit the got up and danced. Next, they did announcements and special recognitions. A family was called to come up who had just lost a mother. The pastors came and shook their hands and comforted them. They even had us go up there and our professor told them a little bit about us. I felt so welcomed while I was there. People would shake our hands and say welcome. There was a guest pastor that spoke about comforting those in need. He talked about how just touching someone to make them feel better.

The chorus sang a couple of songs for the church. There were two solos. The girl was amazing. During the last song the pastor invited people to come up and become a christian or to have someone to pray with them. I was overcome at this point. It was amazing to see how God works all over. I love how the people at this church had no reservations. They would clap and dance when the songs were going on. I really enjoyed this experience.

We will be eating lunch shortly and then traveling to Cape Coast. I can't wait! This means that we will start teaching soon. Tonight we will meet with the founder of the school in Cape Coast at our hotel. Then, Monday we will go and visit the school and observe the class we will be teaching. I am sure we will all be working on our lesson for the next couple days. I hope to be able to blog again soon.

thomma says:
Dearest clb,

I am glad that you made it there safe. I pray that your mission is accomplished and a learning experience for you. I am glad that you are enjoying yourself and seeing a lot. Touch can be a healing experience.

Posted on: Jul 09, 2007