AfricaGhanaAccra

Day 3: Batik Cloth, Cultural Art Center, and Coffin Shop

Accra Travel Blog

This morning we went to a batik cloth shop. Batik cloth is decorated by using a dye with wax in it. It was interesting to watch the skill of the people. They let us try it also, but we were not as good as they were. We then continued to the Cultural Arts Center. This market was not as overwhelming as the Osu one. It had rained and there was mud everywhere, but there were less people walking around. I also liked that the people could not follow you around because they have their own 'shop' to worry about. I did finally try bartering. I was proud of myself even though I only got three things.

We had lunch at the Next Door Restaurant. It was right on the beach. I had some noodles with vegetables. I also had one of Dr. Clerico's fried plantains, and oh my gosh it was so good. It melted in my mouth. A plantain is like a banana, but a little different.

We are actually weny to an Indian restaurant tonight. That was interesting. It was spicy, but good. Like, my tongue was on fire and pretty much became numb. I did try several new things. I have also tried some Ghanaian foods when we have been eating at the hotel. It is mostly chicken/fish with rice and vegetables.

Tomorrow we will be traveling for a few hours to Cape Coast in the afternoon. I am excited. This will be a smaller community and right on the beach.

I will not have a computer as easily accesible as I do know. This one is in our hotel. I will be able to walk to the University to use their internet. So, after tonight I will not really be able to blog as often. I will try my best.

Accra