Tiberius - On the Sea of Galilee

Tiberius Travel Blog

View of Tiberius
We jumped on a bus that took us across northern Israel over to the Sea of Galilee region.  For Christians, the Sea of Galilee region is where Jesus really started His ministry, where He performed many miracles, and where He handed over the leadership of the church to St. Peter before His Ascension.  We got off the bus in Tiberius and spent a little time walking around the city before taking a taxi out to Tabgha and Capernaum (see those sites for details), where many biblical events took place.  At the recommendation of a friend, we stayed in one of several tzimers about 15 minutes north of Tiberius on the Sea of Galilee, in a little town called Had Nes.  What is a tzimer, you ask?  It's a little cabin in the middle of nowhere with jacuzzi, refrigerator, stove, satellite tv, nice bathroom, etc.  It's a very nice little place with a very romantic setting.  The owner of the tzimer cooked us a huge meal and we ate, relaxed, had wine, and enjoyed the evening.
TedH says:
Thank you for this great travelog! I am attempting to visit Tabgha but have no idea how to find the tzimer you mention. Any ideas on how to get lodging in this area?
Posted on: Feb 21, 2008
kingelvis14 says:
I was in Tiberius in 2001. The entire area around the Sea of Galilee is just beautiful.
Posted on: Jan 07, 2008
Tiberius Hotels & Accommodations review
An Israeli Tzimer
Although I have seen it spelled different ways in the latin alphabet, tzimer is the spelling I will use here. A tzimer is something a bit like a log … read entire review
photo by: Nzelvis