Tel Aviv - The beginning...

Tel Aviv Travel Blog

The beach

I was feeling a little funny when we arrived at the airport.  I was very much looking forward to this exciting 3 week trip with my girlfriend, but there was something wrong...it didn't take long to realize that I had red spots over my entire body!  Apparently, it was an allergic reaction to an antibiotic that I had been taking for about a week.  So here I am, boarding the plane and feeling really funny.  My girlfriend knew it was pretty bad when she saw I wasn't eating!  That problem went away after I simply stopped taking the medication...but I had the spots and loss of appetite for the entire time in Tel Aviv.  I still enjoyed the city!

We arrived during the Sabbath, and had to take a taxi into the city.  This cost us about $20, which wasn't too bad.  Once we arrived at the hostel, I called one of my good friends who lived in Tel Aviv.  She and her boyfriend then came out and showed us around the city.  They also took us to a great little restaurant tucked away in a quiet part of the city.  We had some great, authentic food.  We finished the evening right on the beach, sipping limonades with mint.

finchley says:
my first travel started in tel aviv - 97, hostel josef - $5 / night. wasn't pretty but I've been travelling ever since
Posted on: Jan 31, 2008
melodyking says:
Do not be intimidated by checkpoints in Bethlehem, I used to live there and cross back and forth daily. Some of the nicest people in the world live there.
Posted on: Jul 04, 2007