A new country

Wroclaw Travel Blog

A church right in the main square

Since I had never been to Poland, this was exciting for me.  The first thing we did when we arrived was get something to eat....at an italian restaurant.  Well, my boss drove, so he got to pick the restaurant.  Plus, he is my boss. After dinner, I checked into my hotel.

The hotel was very nice, very fancy.  Huge breakfasts in the morning.  Since Europe is so energy efficient, this carried over into the rooms.  As you entered your room, you had to immediately put your card key in the slot next to the door to keep the lights on.  Otherwise, they would all turn off after about 10 seconds.  I had been warned about it, but I'm sure a lot of people don't figure that out at first.  The problem with that though is that it's easy to leave the room with your card key still in the slot in the wall.  Fortunately, this never happened to me.

The main square of the city of Wrocław was right outside my hotel, and was where we ate dinner.  Wrocław is such a beautiful town, and this square definitely shows that.  There is a large area where they sell flowers year round.  Beautiful flowers all over the place.  The buildings are neat looking, and it just feels so old.  I couldn't help but just take it all in.  I would be spending a week here working, but I wanted to get out of the office as much as I could to see this city.

Flowers year round