Windsor Travel Blog

Windsor Castle

I caught the early train over to Windsor to visit the Queen.  She called the day before wanting to see me, and I told her I was in the area.  I told her I would swing by.  Okay, so maybe that's not the truth...the Queen wasn't even in the castle the day I was there, but I wanted to check it out anyway!  Windsor turned out to be a cute little town with a massive castle in it.  As I got close to the castle, I could hear the marching of the British guard marching toward us.  I guess it was some kind of changing of the guard ceremony.

I then went up and into the castle area.  Although I couldn't go inside, just walking around the outside was a treat.  There were several neat sites and beautiful greens in and around the castle area.  It was definitely worth the trip, and I also got to learn more about British history.

After checking out the castle, I walked around the town some...down by the train station and then into the downtown area.  As it started to rain, I decided to head back to London to see what else I could see there.

Windsor
How many guards are they changing?
How many guards are they changing?
photo by: EmyG