Starstruck

London Travel Blog

Superman himself paid a visit

I got back to London and decided to wander around town a bit.  I wandered into Leicester Square and was met by thousands of people standing around waiting for something, waving Superman flags and t-shirts and the like.  However, I had to go over and talk to a mother and her son before I figured out what was going on.  They informed me that this was the premiere for the Superman movie that was released in 2006.  Well, I had already seen the movie back in the US, and everybody thought that was really cool.  I got there about an hour before the stars were scheduled to arrive, and although there were people waiting there all day, I somehow got right up to the front of the fence.  Sure enough, the actors pulled up, the crowd went wild, and they went around giving autographs.  I was able to meet the guy that played superman and the director, but Kevin Spacey and the girl didn't really come our way, which was sad.  In fact, the girl seemed like she wanted nothing to do with the crowd.

So, that was an exciting way to end the day in London!  I even got a free t-shirt out of the deal.

Kevin Spacey