Back in the UK

London Travel Blog

I arrived late into London and made my way to the hostel I always stay at there.  I checked in and dropped off my things, but in order to get a key I had to put down a 10 pound deposit.  Since you get the deposit back when you return the key, I did not want to have 10 pounds laying around that I would not spend.  So, I handed over my passport for them to hold instead.  (Uh oh)  I then made a mad dash to my favorite supermarket before they closed.  I made it in time and got some food for the evening.

I came back to the hostel and went to the kitchen where I cooked it all up.  I sat down next to come other folks and joined in the coversation.  (Pay close attention to this next detail, as I am foreshadowing!)  One of the people there happened to also be named Noah (what a coincidence!!), and it just so happened that he was flying out of London the next day as well (wow, another coincidence!).  With that, we said our goodbyes, as it was late.

My flight was in the early afternoon, so I was hoping to see the British Parliament building before I headed to the airport.  Little did I know how much my plans would change...

7,154 km (4,445 miles) traveled