Back in London

London Travel Blog

Rosetta Stone

So here I was, back in London, England.  It was the cheapest city to fly into direct from Chicago, and there were things that I still wanted to see.  I arrived late the night before, and therefore had all day to spend in London.  It was a beautiful, clear day, and so my spirits were high as I set out into the city once again.  It seemed to me that nothing had changed in a year, and my memory served me well on where certain locations were.  I took the scenic route through the city, over to Buckingham Palace, hoping I could go inside (I still couldn't), and then continuing north through London until I reached the British Museum.

Shakespeare's Globe Theatre
  This free museum houses the Rosetta stone as well as many other artifacts from British history.

After walking around a bit looking for the Rosetta Stone, I finally asked one of the cheeky workers where it was.  With a smirk, he said "It's right here."  He was leaning on the case that the stone was in.  I felt rather stupid after that, but at least I knew where it was.  With my love for language, it was neat to see something that caused us to crack the heiroglyphic code.  There were many other neat exhibits in the museum that you should see for yourself!

From there, I headed to the Thames and took the promenade.  I went down to the Globe Theatre to check it out, and inquire on show costs.  I think they were too expensive, because I didn't go to a show!  As late afternoon rolled around, we caught a juggling act that turned out to be very entertaining!  It was great just to walk around the city again and be back in Europe.  It was also good to fly into London to get my bearings straight before I headed to countries where I don't speak the language!

Shakespeares Globe Theatre