Last day, Huray!

Hong Kong Travel Blog

Laila in front of our hotel in HK

Got back to HK by train. Stayed at 4 stars hotel in Djim sa jui, a city which has many interesting places. But that was a shopping trip so we did not have a chance to visit temples or interesting places but shops. We were at Nathan shoppin street, the best shopping area which so popular.

Ok, shopping? Shopping!
All were on sale. Genuine brands !!! :D  Got first bag here which designed by Hong kongian. Finally i shopped!

Hip hip!!

Tired so we looked for a pub to relax. Most were fulled except Thai pub so we got in. But had only seen one Thai group here, the rest were foreigners and Hongkong people. It's ike a pub on Kaosarn road but we don't like it here.

At the pub
So after few beers we got back to the hotel. Very tired, friends asked to check out more? I said no..i really wanted to sleep. I walked not less than 15 kilos today for shopping. Tomorrow had to wake up at 7am to have breakfast somewhere else so need a bed.

The bus was on time. But ... me and Lai didn't wake up. The others woke us but we didn't even know. Sleep or die!!??? Some of them were angry because they have waited for us for alomost 2 hours :(  (They should) Then they left us and took the bus to had breakfast. Then we woke up and don't know what to do or where to go so walked out to find something to eat, maybe. But lucky we met friends who kept food for us :D

That was Timsam. Almost cried. Very appreciated. Timsam is my favourite chinese food! And they said HK Timsam is the original Timsam in the world which you can't miss!! Me and Lai said goodbye to the team to walk alone.

Night life
We walked walked walked from 10am to 5 pm, how possible!

We walked around Kaoloon coast. It was on the top of Nathan Street. The penninsula hotel was over there. It's not a normal hotel but has a legend. One of an oldest hotel in HK as an Oriantal Hotel in Thailand. For the honeymood couples, i bet they might get a baby here! Haha Very romantic hotel which you could see the most beautiful view in HK, a victoria gulf. But gotta have much money because it's very expensive. Most of the guests are the royal families or celebrities or Hollywood stars or Rich people, they said. (Oh, really?)  We can walk through the hotel. Inside was designed with Parixiang palace styles. Very beautiful. Also has many brand shops as Prada, Gucci, Louis Vitton. And sure, for me just window shopping.

It's luxury and i'm not a brandname one.

Opposite Pennin Hotel has more interesting place ; at least for me. It's a Space Museum. Obvious with big white triangle curve roof design. Two zones inside. First one is an exhibition zone about the way to the galaxy by human. Spaceship. Astronaut stuff. Also has Hall of Astronomy which lectures about the galaxy, stars and solar system. Second zone is the biggest sky (model) in the world. Height 23 meters. 24-60 HKD. (I didn't get in there. Just checked)

Even though HK is a busy country but safety and clean. You will see garbages in every 5 meters also public ashtrays. People here smoke a lot, everywhere. I used to smoke and yeah smoked at that time so i was happyyyyy the most because in Thailand we can't smoke in the restaurant or in public places (much) but here was a heaven for me :P

We walked to Nathan Street.

Shopping.
Window shopping at Parklane Boulevard. People called it an oasis for those who love shopping. Maybe you already know that it's like oxford street in London or fifth avenue in New York.  We walked, yeah. And tired and hungry. Looked for something to eat but had nothing but Mcdonald. Awww .. Mcdonald!! Outside had one dessert shop. I had tried Egg tart. The best dessert in HK for me. Got 3 then!

Water! Water here is expensive than Thailand because water supply in HK has a standard approved by world health organization so it's safe to drink, don't have to buy. But i came from Thailand who'd like to drink water in a bottle. So had to pay more. In my country is about 6-10 bath but here was 20 baht at that time. Next time i better drink public water supply (here) at least i bet it's more safe than in Nepal.

Me, hungry.
And as I still alive after drank water in Nepal so nothing to worry in HK anymore.

Time to go back. Can't help having one more egg tart. :D I found one nice bag but after thought twice i haven't bought it. It's designed by another freelance designer in HK. "Loas Middle." Didn't ask her where this name come from?

The bus would take us at 5pm to the airport. Before the last minute i decided to go back to buy that bag. Told boss please wait for me .. please please please. She's still angry about this morning lol but let me go.
Ran so fast to the shop. Woo hoo!!!  Nice bag, which has used not more than 3 times in 2 years :P

Ok, time to go back to Thailand. Huray!  It was a trip that i did not want to go the most but i can't say that i wasn't fun.

Yum yum!
Came with a group was hard to get to know the real Hongkong People. But actually Hong kong people are hard to get to know either. lol Everyone seems to be hurry to do everything. People don't care each other but themselves. But i can't say much because now it's a shopping trip so i did not have a chance to talk to them more than just "How much?" or "Noodle please". But i think i had a littel bit good time here ... i can see people who concentrated on Shopping! Shopping shopping shopping! Came with million and spent million as someone in my group. For me, I just surveyed shopping places and food :) Bought only what i really want (Three bags :D) Told myself, hey just 2 days 3 nights with a free trip so don't think too hard.  You still have more time to go where you want to go, New.

So enjoy :)

newtampo says:
Shame that this trip I haven't had the same feeling as you had in HK because it's only a shopping trip but after came back to Bkk, sometimes I miss it :D
Posted on: Jun 21, 2007
travelman727 says:
Your wonderful comments and photos bring back many happy memories of Hong Kong and Kowloon :-D
Posted on: Jun 20, 2007