9 days to go...

Norwich Travel Blog

Well, I'm still sat here in Norwich, numb with excitment, apprehension & confusion. 9 days until I get on a jet plane and leave for Hong Kong, leave my friends and family alone for 5 months, and see a completely different part of the world- to be sure I have lived abroad before, but In America, where language and customs aren't too dissimilar to Ye Olde England. But Hong Kong?! I mean, the language is just shapes and patterns, and although I have been reassured that the people out there are among the friendliest in the world, there is a degree of reluctance to leave what I know so well, and enter the unknown... what did Benjamin Disraeli call it? The Leap of Faith - never has a phrase summed up what I'm feeling right now so aptly.

The silly thing is that I KNOW, when I come back to read this in the days, weeks and months following my departure, I will turn around and look at my old self, nervous and reluctant, and laugh at how small-minded and unadventurous I am feeling!! More than likely I'll never come back from NZ, (that'd be a dream come true!) and I will exterminate all this tense pressure I feel right now, and love every bloody minute of it!!

Allez Deej!