Day 12

Sneem Travel Blog

the local nightclub. :D

On the road again, we headed round the Ring of Kerry. This was my second time around but it was a much different experience. The first time I went with my family we were in a rental car dodging the large tour buses, this time we were the tour bus. Also, it was sunny and bright when I went before so we’d stopped at pretty much every single overlook we could. Including Lady’s View, which is apparently the most famous overlook because Queen Victoria oft sopped there.

We passed through a town famous for the Puck Fair, which is a festival where a goat is captured and given king status for the duration of the fair!

We learned about Skellig rock and the monks that lived there, but unfortunately the skies were too overcast to see them from the overlook.

That night I suffered some bad allergies--I’m allergic to dust, and didn’t feel well. It was sad because the locals held a get together which once again included music and dancing and a rousing chorus of the gaelic song we’d learned the day before. I didn’t really get a chance to enjoy it though since I had an entire roll of toilet paper in my nose. (seriously, since there weren’t any tissues, I brought the roll of toilet paper from our bed and breakfast.) I turned in earlier tonight.

photo by: kasteelcru