Day 09

Cork Travel Blog

Cliffs of Moher.

Leaving Galway, we continued south and entered into the Burren region, which is a unique terrain full of boulders. We learned that farmers in the eighteenth century would have to spend a long time clearing out the rocks and spreading a special mixture of fertilizer to even begin to till the fields.

Later we came to Blarney, which is famous for the Blarney castle and stone. Poppy and I headed up the steep steps to the top to kiss the Blarney stone. Last time I had gone there I had scraped my chin on it, this time it got my forehead! After doing a ton of shopping and hanging around outside a pub bearing my name, we all got back on the bus and headed into the City Centre of Cork.

Blarney Castle.

Unfortunately, our dinner service was met with much dissent amongst the ranks as we were served slowly and improperly. Oh well. I got enough to eat either which way so I wasn’t really bothered.

After dinner, Poppy and I went for a walk about the town and found our way to the river where we just had to cross over the green lit bridge. We were originally in search of a pizza place so that I could have a proper dinner, but we never actually got to one. We were about to go into one when we were stopped by a guy who lived in the building above the place. He informed us that the pizza wasn’t very good and that there weren’t a lot of good places in Cork to go for Pizza. This disappointed me.

Disheartened, we started back to the hotel only to run into Kristen. We decided to check out a pub and headed for a place with a good looking tall guy checking IDs at the door. We found more good looking guys inside and conversed with each other over a round.

Cork