Rafting the Arkansas Day 2

Salida Travel Blog

After a hard night sleep, we awoke baking in the tent. It was awesome. Breakfast had already been made and we started to get ready to head out to the river. 3 cars and 3 huge rafts later we were on the river. We put in at Brown's Canyon near Buena Vista. It was amazing the views that we had of the Sawatch Range. It was a full day trip and it took us about 6 hours to get down. Brett was our guide and we rafted through Class III rapids. With names like Pinball, Zoom Flume, the Devils Staircase, the Toilet bowl and Seidel's Suckhole. It was just overall a good day. I jumped off of a cliff about 40 feet in the air!!!! It was AMAZING! I couldn't believe that I did it. I was shaking all over but it was awesome. Though the rapids weren't all that high we still had a good time. We pulled out right where we were camping which made it nice because Rob and I went directly to bed and took a nice long nap. After we woke up we ate and played sand volleyball. It was fun... Until... It started raining... and it wasn't one of those rains that just let up it POURED for the rest of the night. Luckally for us we knew we would be waking up and once again hitting the rapids.

Salida