England thus far...

Leicester Travel Blog

Well, since leaving the US I have been to several English cities including London, Leicester (of course), Windsor (the castle), and Bath. I went to Bath and Windsor with the International Student Association which provides organized weekly trips to places all over Europe and the UK. My favorite places thus far were the Roman baths at Bath and the Tower of London. There is a weird feeling the accumpanies standing on 2000 year old Roman ruins. It is kindof humbling. The Tower of London has a lot of history as well. It's pretty tragic but extremely interesting. A lot of really important people met their death within the grounds or near by. Windsor was pretty cool as well. It was the first of two castles I have seen so far. The other was Keniworth castle which is more ruins than standing castle but I liked it better than Windsor. I went with my Archaeology class which was unreal. Trip to a old castle with class, very English. I have plans to be in Amsterdam on St. Patricks Day. It doesn't sound right but it works for me. I will update later. The real traveling hasn't even begun.
1,570 km (976 miles) traveled