Big Sur pt. 2

Big Sur Travel Blog

Salamander
When I got up in the morning me and my father took a walk around the campground and ate some trail mix. Driving back to California Route 1 we saw some more of the dead Oaks that had been everywhere on our hike the previous day. We returned to the twisting curves of Route 1 and by the time it was lunch, I was famished from the excercise I had done the previous day as well as the trail mix and apple diet I had been on.
We celebrated by going to a nice fancy restaurant where I got a good old steak with some asparagus and sauce (delicious) and my dad, the vegetarian, got some sort of salad. How does he live?
The restaurant had a really nice view, and very eclectic, really strange people dining in it. There were the refined Californians, and then across the room a family of bikers each in their leather jackets and motorcycle helmets. There was also this weird Asian Zen guy with a really long ponytail who refused to sit in a chair, and kneeled instead.
After the delightful lunch we continued driving down the coast which provided exquisite scenes yet again. We saw some seals on the beach.
We stopped on the side of the road and walked out to the ocean, it was really prickly because there was no path at that place, and the water was really cold. But it was okay, because it was beautiful.
Seaweeeed
Seaweeeed
Sudden Oak Death
Sudden Oak Death
My father poses with the cliff.
My father poses with the cliff.
Big Sur