Saga of the boom pin

Cap d'Agde Travel Blog

DAY 56

Friday 3rd August

Went out for a meal in the evening and found myself asking, as I have many times before, why I was here. Walked out of the restaurant after a very good fish dinner, which wasn’t what I had ordered and cost twice what I had planned, into a soft and velvety breeze. I looked at the spectacular colours of the sunset and realised that I didn’t need to be here but then I didn’t need to be anywhere else either. All it lacks is some company.

The winking red and green harbour lights almost invite you to take to sea.

Day 59

Monday 6th August

Am disappointed in Peters Opal (from whom I bought the boat) yet again. I called last week to order a replacement boom pin, was told that the person I needed to speak to was at lunch but he would call me back. Two days later, when no one had returned my call I called again and this time got hold of the person I needed. He said it should not be a problem and yes, they could send the pin to France. Today, the parts man returned my first call, obviously having forgotten he had already spoken to me. I asked if the pin had been sent and he said he would get onto it right away. Two hours later he calls again and says it would be easier if I called the parts people myself but quite why he couldn’t have told me this four days ago I am too bemused to ask. I call a very helpful man called Craig at some other company. He says no problem, the pin is in stock and he will put one in the post today. Why can’t it always be like that?

Cap d'Agde