Reach the sea!

Cap d'Agde Travel Blog

"Jean" moored at Cap d'Agde

DAY 48

Thursday 26th July

Cap d’Agde is a strange place, quite unlike anywhere else I have been to in France. There are thousands of brand new apartments and a seafront which reminds me of Blackpool with lots of stalls selling tat, mixed in with bars and restaurants. The marina is huge, about two and a half thousand berths with some very expensive boats. Visit the boatyard and eventually make an appointment for Tuesday to have the mast lifted into place. Try to explain that I will need time to sort out the rigging with the mast off the boat and am told that it will not be a problem. Words, famous last?

DAY 50

Saturday 27th July

Penny hires a bike and we cycle to Agde to do some sightseeing. Spend a very pleasant day and finish off with a meal overlooking the river watching the sun set.

The day had been too good to be true and on the way back, Penny is knocked off her bike by a lunatic youth on a scooter who is riding on the cycle path.

Penny is bruised and shaken up but thankfully not badly hurt. We carry on thinking that we should have called the police to have the idiot on the scooter arrested.

Jean moored at Cap dAgde