Off we go again!

Port St Louis du Rhone Travel Blog

Wednesday 18th June

The trip begins when Diane and I get off the ferry in Calais (Bob has to work) and start the drive down to Port St Louis du Rhone. The drive is uneventful and we arrive approx. 11.30pm. As we walk to the boat we are attacked by a cloud of biting stinging insects and the next morning we are both covered in bumps. Diane has to take antihistamine tablets. The boat is dusty and dirty but otherwise in good shape, both batteries showing 12v.

Spend Thursday touching up the antifouling and putting the sails on. Arrange with the Capitainerie to bring forward putting the boat back in the water by a day. I have to say the staff here are very helpful and accommodating.

Friday 20th June

“Jean” is lifted back in the water and I could almost hear her breath a sigh of relief. Hose down the topsides to remove 10 months of dust. Despite insect repellent spray, citronella candle, electronic deterrent and insect killing spray, we continue to be bitten.

Saturday 21st June

Go out for a sail to check everything out and anchor out in the bay for lunch. Back in time to leave for Avignon airport to pick up Bob.

Port St Louis du Rhone