End of the trip

Port Napoleon Travel Blog

This will be my last addition to the blog for some time as I am flying back to the UK tomorrow. The boat should have been lifted out of the water yesterday but the mistral was blowing at up to 90 km/hour so it was too dangerous to move the boat. The boatyard crew will lift her out when it is calmer. This is a very good boatyard, very well organised with very helpful reception staff but its disadvantage is that it is in the middle of nowhere. A taxi ride to Marseille airport costs 90 euros which is double the cost of the flight to Stansted so I will be up atb 5am for the 40 minute walk to the nearest bus stop.

This has been a brilliant trip and I have enjoyed (almost) every minute of it. I have seen lots of sights, met lots of people and have learned that the world is full of considerate people who are only too willing to help out, all you have to do is ask.

So, I couldn't have done it alone and therefore owe a very thank you to everyone who helped me:

In order of appearance: Richard, John, Diane, Bob, Jan, Andy, Ro, Julie, Penny, Diane & Bob (again), Matthew, Caroline, Laura, Penny (again). You really did make it a trip to remember.

Port Napoleon