Caroline eats fish!

Saintes Maries de la Mer Travel Blog

Friday 24th August

Check my emails in the tourist office where they give you 15 minutes free. There is no consistency though, some tourist offices do provide a wifi service and some don’t; some marinas provide it and some don’t so you never know whether you can connect or not. Set sail and pop into Port Camargue which is apparently the biggest marina in Europe to see if there is any chance of leaving the boat there for the winter. No chance says the lady in the Capitainnerie so I’m starting to worry. Arrive at Saintes Maries de la Mer and go out for an evening meal. Caroline chooses a fish dish! What is the world coming to when my dear daughter will eat fish? Must be growing up.

The last time I was here was nearly 40 years ago, hitch hiking around Europe with Jean, it brings back memories.

Saturday 25th August

It appears that we are in the middle of a rally of boats from Port Camargue, here for the weekend and we are parked next to the president of the club. During the morning they all put up bunting and fly lots of flags. Feel rather left out but they don’t offer to lend us any. The kids spend the day on the beach.

Saintes Maries de la Mer