Training Hike Number 4

Dalton Travel Blog

Took some time today to get some miles in with my bro. We planned on leaving from the summit of Mt. Greylock and traveling 16 miles South to wind up in Dalton. We were met with a bit of interference by the "seasonal road", which happened to be closed. We couldn't drive to the summit, and it would have added 8 miles to hike it, and as it was, it was starting to get late, so we went back to Dalton and took the trail North. We took care of the 8 miles to Cheshire in just over 5 hours, but made the return trip in a little more than 4.

Ask me how I'm feeling right now. Go 'head. Exhauszzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Oh, I'm sorry. That was me falling asleep at the keyboard. But no rest for the wicked. There is celebrationing to be done. J and I are gonna polish off a couple of Guinnesses, just to make sure that we have covered our carb intake for the day.

I am starting to get really excited for this trip. It's a little scary, the prospect of heading out into the wilderness for 3 months with very little more than a tent and a plan. But seriously, what's the worst that could happen?
Vikram says:
I can't wait to see the pictures!
Posted on: May 11, 2006