Day 64

Upper Gentian Pond Shelter, NH Travel Blog

Mooooooooooose.

Well, well, well.  Another day that hasn't gone as planned.  Big surprise.  I WANTED to do 17 miles today and tackle the ever dreaded Mahoosuc Notch tomorrow, but I got to this shelter after 12 , saw the clouds and heard the thunder and decided that was enough.  I pretty much fell asleep for over an hour as soon as I stopped walking.  Maybe another long night of sleep is what I need, maybe not.  If I still don't feel well tomorrow, I am going to get myself to a doctor in the next town - Andover.  The thing that makes this worse is that Scott and James are on like a day and a half in front of me, and I would like to catch up with them, but I don't want to push it when I feel crappy.

Right now it's tought to stay motivated to stay on the trail.  I mean seeing everyone at home was great.  It  made me feel - at home.  It would be so easy to just get on a bus and head back to ALB, but I know I can't.  I need to see this through.  If I left now, it would just be another thing to ass to the long list of stuff I started but never finished.  Do I get some points for trying to turn it around?  I sure hope so.

Maine tomorrow, 286 miles to go.
*Norm