Day 56

Crawford Notch Hostel, NH Travel Blog

There isn't too much to say about today.  I like hiking by myself a lot.  Not having to consult two other people and reach a consensus about what to do.  It's kind of freeing.  I did some reflection last night and am proud of myself for what I am doing, alone.  15 or so miles into Crawford Notch wasn't terrible, but it was tiring.  I got a hitch from teh fattest man that I have ever seen in person.  He  was a hella nice dude and knew the area well, but if there was one fact that I will remember, it's that he was a big dude.  He had an extention on the drivers side seat belt in his conversion van.  'Nuff said.

I was able to score the last bunk in the bunk house for 31 bucks.  It included and incredible room, a hot shower, and an all you can eat gourmet buffet.  Thats a good deal in my book.

I spoke at length with "Pilgrim" and just jived about the trail and the sections around here into Maine.  I made plans for the next couple of days and am feeling very confident.  I am going to take a short day tomorrow and then try to knock out the presidential range before the weather turns bad Monday.

Crawford Notch Hostel, NH