Day 46

Stony Brook Shelter, VT Travel Blog

Plan change.  I talked to Margie today and she is going to meet us for the early part of the weekend in Hanover, NY.  So instead of heading to Hanover in 3 days, we are going to do it in 4.  No big deal.  We have 4 easy days ahead of us.

We took the bus into Rutland, which is a major city in Vermont, and it was an adventure.  I learned some interesting facts: 1) It's illegal for males to cut their hair in Vermont 2) WalMart in Vermont is crappy.  This was the first time I ever walked into a WalMart and could see all 4 walls of the store.  I've been to a bigger dollar store. 3) Vermont things are hysterical.  While kids in ghetto clothes speaking in ghetto tongue cracked me up.  I've got more thug in me than these baffoons.

We got our food and some new batteries for the camera, grabbed some lunch, and caught the bus to the trailhead.  It was tough to get started, but we got through the 10 miles without much concerm.  We got to the shelter, ate, and pretty much passed out.  Last night was a late night, and we needed to catch up.  This is vacation, and I'm in no rush.  I'd like to enjoy it as much as possible, because who knows when I'll get this chance again.

Stony Brook Shelter, VT