Day 43 - Racing the Sun

Lost Pond Shelter, VT Travel Blog

I spent the vast majority of the day in town today.  Thanks to Kristington for driving up .  I don't know if I can explain how nice it was to have a day off, in town, just to relax.  It really filled the hiking tank back up, as much as I didn't want to return to the dirty, stinky, wet woods, I have a journey to complete, and there isn't anything that will stop me now.

I left the trailhead at 5pm and flew to the shelter.  9.5 miles in 3 hours is pretty impressive.  I have noticed that since around Dalton, MA, I have been hiking with a different pace.  I can definately tell the difference between the shape I'm in now and how I was when I started.  Good Job Norm.  I thought a lot about what I need to do after this trip, to keep the weight off, and keeping moving toward being healthy and fit.  ITs gonna be hard, but I have a plan.  It's still a little blurry, but I have an idea.

I got to the shelter to find those other yahoos (J and Scott) drunk with the teachers and Em.  Instead of hiking, they bought a box of wine, got a ride to the next shelter, and then got drunk.  Hike your own hike, right?

Lost Pond Shelter, VT