Day 40

Kid Gore Shelter, VT Travel Blog

Goregous day today.  We met "Restless" on the trail in the a.m..  Seems like a pretty cool guy.  night Rider says that his claim to fame is his consistency.  He is up and out by 6am every day, does his 14 odd miles and then just hangs around for the rest of the day.  To each his own.  We actually took inspiration from this, and are changing our plans so that we are doing around 15 per day, so we could better enjoy the trip, instead of charging all day, passing out as soon as we stop, then doing it all again the next day.

We got to Goddard Shelter for lunch.  The weather was beautiful and we hung out for a little bit afterwards, just soaking up the sun and the view.  We caught Dreamer and BearBait for lunch and took a quick nap.

The view from the fue tower was totally sweet.  It looked like a Bob Ross painting.. a forest full of happy little trees everywhere.

The highlight of the evening was me performing the Granny Bus rap on camera.  I got a round of applause and a little bit of swollen pride.  Early to bed tonight.  Plenty of walking to do in the AM.  I don't know if I weill be able to sleep without 6-Pack's snoring.  I really miss him.

Kid Gore Shelter, VT