Day 39

Melville Nawheim Shelter, VT Travel Blog

We PLANNED on a big day today, but things don't always turn out the way you plan.  Everything happens for a reason though.  We decided to call it a day at 3pm, it was forcast to rain (we missed it yesterday, hoping to have the same luck today), so we just spent the afternoon and evening socializing.  There were James and Shannon, two school teachers on their second day on the Long Trail, 6-Pack - hiking the Long Trail for the 2nd time (and has also done the A.T.) who loves to smoke and SNORE.  BearBait, back for a 2nd night, Dreamer, who caught up from Upper Goose Pond Cabin.  We all shard the Jim Bean and some stores and just had a jolly old time.

Jamie hooked us up with a place to stay near Hanover, NH, telling us we could even sleep in the beds, provided we shower first.  I didn't know if I would ever make the same offer to a hiker, but thats just me.  So we slept the night - barely - due mostly to 6-pack's snoring.  And then hit the road.

Oh yeah, macarone and cheese freakin rules! No cheese can't handle the cheese, and we usually split meals, but this time... I went solo.

Melville Nawheim Shelter, VT