Day 27 - Somewhere in the woods

RPH Shelter Travel Blog

Tonight we are stealth camping.  That basically means camping right near the trail in an unmarked campsite.  We have a fire going, which we cooked our ramen and stuffing on, and I am listening to a coyote howl.  If I had to guess, I would say we hiked about 15 miles today.  We got a late start, and I just didn't have any pep in my step.  Every hour was tough today.  Just had to keep on pushing though.

I found a scheduling snafu today.  It looks like we get to Kent, CT (the site of our next mail drop) either late Saturday or early Sunday, which meant waiting around until Monday morning to go to the post office.  Since it is well known that there is no cheap lodging in Kent, this isn't acceptable.  I think we are going to call the P.O. and have them forward the package to Salisbury and just hit up the grocery store in Kent.  Shouldn't be a problem.  It also looks like we might not get into Dalton, MA for next weekend.  I was kind of looking forward to getting there on the weekend, it's not a huge deal.  I will fall asleep around 8p.m. anyway.  Oh well.  Brad, if I don't make it to your party, congrats on your new place.

OK, time to get some rest - the mosquitos are swarming and my body is aching.  Hopefully, tomorrow will prove to be a better day than the last 2.

-- the sun will come out tomorrow.
RPH Shelter